Wednesday, December 12, 2018

My comment on "Stratification"

Our classmate Han Han wrote a commentary regarding stratification, and how it related to George Orwell's Animal Farm. My comment is below:

Han Han’s commentary on stratification begins with a small taste of his opinion that stratification is an issue. Which leads us to believe he has a negative outlook on it. However, right after that, he starts analyzing Animal Farm. He explains how the book relates to the political issue and gives some quotes, which touch on other aspects of and issues in our society. In the next couple paragraphs, Han Han reviews and summarizes more parts of the book that talk about government and compares them to our present government, however seems to side track a little from the concept of stratification.

Although I think Han Han’s article is a great book report of George Orwell’s work, and does a good job of finding which parts are referring to government, I don’t really see how well it relates to the assignment or stratification. Maybe if the article had a different title, it would make more sense, but since Han Han sort of introduced  the article as being about his opinion on stratification, it reads a bit confusingly under that pretense. Additionally, some interesting topics are mentioned, however I would’ve liked to read more of Han Han’s opinion. I sort of got the impression that Han Han thought something needed to be done regarding stratification, which I agree with, however I gathered that from only that single sentence at the beginning, as I mentioned before. It is clear that Han Han has great analyzing skills and a good use of sources, but I was having trouble figuring out how all of the ideas tied together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My comment on "Stratification"

Our classmate Han Han wrote a commentary regarding stratification, and how it related to George Orwell's Animal Farm . My comment is b...